TSP formed in 2011. Since that time we have been very active.
In October of that year we presented a conference on Mental Health and Single Payer Issues. McArthur Prize winner Andrew McGuire of CaliforniOneCare was our keynote speaker. We have also accomplished the below listed things:
- Created a Single Payer speaker training for mental health practitioners
- Provided Speakers and Training about Single Payer to Mental Health Groups
- Developed this therapistsforsinglepayer.org website
- Informed an advocacy and legislative process of mental health contributions and needs in Single Payer
- LobbIed CAMFT and AAMFT-CA to take on Single Payer and reimbursement parity
- Allied with State Insurance Commissioner to support Prop 45/Justify Rates on this Fall’s ballot
- Supported the showings of The HealthCare Movie (healthcaremovie.net )
- Coordinated with PNHP, Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club, and the East Bay Single Payer Coalition on political and social activities
- AND HAVE INSISTED ON HAVING A DARN GOOD TIME DOING IT !